Online branding has both a simple and a complex definition. On one hand, establishing your brand online means something pretty straightforward – telling your customers and potential customers who you are and why you matter.
However, there are also so many factors that play a part in successful online branding that it can be difficult to accurately define the term. Here are some of the keys to effective online branding:
- Develop an effective logo – Your company logo should either tell people something about your company or establish an indelible connection between you and your company. An effective logo can leave a lasting advertising mark on potential customers now and into the future.
- Utilize your domain name – The web address of your company doesn’t have to be cute and quirky in order to be an effective online brandingtool. Just remember that your domain name will be the first thing that customers see when they search for your company online.
- Do your research – Before establishing your online brand, make sure you know something about your target audience. You can create the most interactive website, have the most unique logo around, but if you don’t know something about your target audience it might not do any good. Too many businesses try to establish their identity first before determining whom their potential customers will be.
- Realize that perception is 9/10ths of the branding law – The success of your brand often lies with how it is perceived. Whether those perceptions are true or totally off base sometimes doesn’t matter. One way to control how your company is perceived is to control what your target audience reads about you on the Internet. If you can control what shoots to the top of the search engine results, you can go a long way in determining how customers perceive your company.
- Get your message out there – A brand is nothing without recognition. The more you are seen the more people will remember you!
An innovative method of increasing your brand awareness is through Jaymunda’s Online Press Releases (OPRs). OPRs get your company’s name and news on the web and allow you to track the results of their effectiveness. Learn more about Jaymunda’s OPRs here.